Marriage Certificate Attestation
A marriage certificate is another very crucial legal document that requires attestation for its legalization. It is a proof of the marriage between two individuals. The document holds all the details of the two individuals including their names, date of births, identification numbers etc. It helps the individuals to prove the authenticity and the legality of their marriage.
The attestation is mandatory in order to prove the genuineness of the document. The attestation process is usually necessary in order for the applicant to travel to a foreign country. It signifies the permission granted by the government for the individual’s foreign travel based on the document. The government department needs to be sure that you are a responsible person applying for a visa and you possess the documents needed.
Why it is Required?
it is one of the most important steps in the legalization of documents where the designated official places a stamp on it. The attestation can only be provided by the country that issues the certificate. The Marriage certificate attestation is a proof that the document is authentic and eligible for use overseas. It is evidence for the foreign country that you are legally married here.
Usually the certificate attestation is done to assist in acquiring a family residence visa or a spousal sponsorship. The attestation is also needed if an individual gets a job offer abroad and intends to take his/her spouse with them. For the attestation process you need to submit specific documents with the issuing department in the country where the marriage is conducted.
Usually it is done to assist in acquiring a family residence visa or a spousal sponsorship. The attestation is also needed if an individual gets a job offer abroad and intends to take his/her spouse with them. For the attestation process you need to submit specific documents with the issuing department in the country where the marriage is conducted.
it is required by the destination country to prevent illegal use of the spousal visa facility. The procedure to get the certificate attested is very important and it has to be followed word to word for the certificate to be acceptable for the destination country government officials.
Marriage Certificate attestation0 in India
There are several attestation agents and services across the country that can assist you with the attestation procedure for your personal documents. ND Universal is among the best of them. Being the pros in this field, we know how to get your documents attested swiftly and smoothly. We make sure that our customers do not have to face any difficulties along the way..
The services provided by ND Universal are completely legal. Our aim is to keep the clients comfortable throughout the attestation process. Our pickup and drop off service is testament to that commitment.
Marriage Certificate Attestation Procedure
The marriage certificate attestation is not a simple, one-day process. You have to go through a few steps to get to the final attestation. The step-by-step process is explained below:
1:Attestation from the notary
- The first step in the procedure is getting a notary attestation in the form of a stamp and a sign from the local notary. This is the most basic requirement for the attestation of all your academic and personal certificates.
2:Attestation from the Home department
- In the next step you have to get attestation from the State Home Department of the state the certificate is issued from. This is true for marriage, birth and death certificates alike. The department provides authentication about the legality of these personal documents
3:Attestation from the Sub-Divisional Magistrate
- This step is needed only for educational documents, for example, degree certificates. The attestation from the Sub-Divisional Magistrate is autonomous and works independently. This means that attestation from the SDM is needed for educational documents.
4:Attestation from the Ministry of External Affairs
- Getting the attestation stamp from the Ministry of External Affairs is the last step in the legalization of the marriage certificate. It signifies that the document has been authenticated by the home government to be genuine. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is the central government department responsible for the country’s foreign affairs and policy.
5:Attestation from the Embassy
- For the people intending to apply for a visa or immigration abroad, the final step in the process after the attestation from the MEA is the attestation from the relevant embassy. This is the verification and acknowledgement of the document’s authenticity by the officials of the country you are going to
What are the documents required?
The documents required for the attestation process include the original certificate and a copy of the individual’s passport. These documents are very crucial for the attestation of marriage certificate. For the process to start, the documents have to be authentic and original.
How long does it take ?
The time needed for the attestation of certificate depends on various factors. There are a lot of different departments and officials involved at every step, so variation in time is understandable.
Usually, attestation procedure takes anywhere between 7 and 9 working days Maximum.
What is the Price?
The cost of getting the attestation varies from state to state and from one foreign country to another. The price may also be different depending upon the location from the document is to be received. There will be extra charges for any additional services you opt for, for example, the document pickup and drop off facility.