Apostille services in Mumbai (A Complete Guide)
Taking into consideration that there are many agencies available in Mumbai that can help individuals get their documents apostilled, only a few of them work authentically or even in a proper manner. While some of these service providers take a lot of time to get the documents apostilled, others will simply not proceed accordingly.
At ND Universal, we provide high-quality services regarding apostille Attestation in Mumbai and also ensure that the documents remain safe and sound under our watch. By Hiring ND Universal as your service provider, you will not need to worry about any unwanted charges and difficulties one might face in the multi-layered process of Apostille.
What Is an Apostille?
Apostille is a type of certificate in which certificates and documents are verified in a legal construction that is acceptable in all the nations that belong to the Hague convention. This type of attestation is acceptable in around 117 countries.
The MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) India, a central level department that deals with every affair related to a foreign land provide the stamp of the apostille. An Apostille certificate or document can be lawfully used in countries that are part of the Hague convention.
Why And When Document Apostille Is Required?
Document Apostille is essential for acquiring visas of countries that are part of the Hague Convention. Apostille documents also help an individual to use the documents in these countries in a lawful manner. Without Apostille documents, permission to enter the premises of these nations will not be granted. Also, legal actions against an individual will be taken in these nations if caught using documents without being apostilled.
Countries Accepting Apostille Documents
Apostille is not accepted by every country as most of them are not part of the Hague convention. But, countries that are part of the Hague convention accept the Apostille documents and certificates.
For using documents in these countries, it is significant to get the apostille of the documents otherwise, they will not be accepted and, even the visa application can get rejected. For using documents and certificates lawfully in the countries that are the part of Hague convention, they should be apostilled with the right procedure.
|Belgium||Belize||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Botswana|
|Brunei Darussalam||Cape Verde||Colombia||Cook Island|
|Costa Rica||Croatia||Cyprus||Czech Republic|
|Saint Kitts||Saint Lucia||Samoa||San Marino|
|Sao Tome||Serbia||Seychelles||Slaint Vincent|
|Slovakia||Sluriname||South Africa||South Korea|
|Spain||Tonga||Trinidad & Tobago||Turkey|
Process of Document Apostille
Different documents go through different procedures to get the apostille. The documents and certificates must get verified by the relevant departments to get the apostille stamp. The following processes are followed to get the apostille of the documents.
For Educational Documents
For documents that are related to academics, the following steps are followed:
- Notary verification or authentication by the university is the first step to be followed by documents related to the educational field.
- After verification at the regional level, the documents will be eligible for verification by the HRD (Human Resource Development) Department that will come under state verification.
- fter verification from the above departments, they are submitted to the MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) that grants the documents their apostille stamp.
For Non-Educational / Personal Documents
For documents that are personal or non-educational, the steps followed are:
- Verification of documents by the local notary from where they were initially issued
- After notary verification, they can be verified by the State Home Department or SDM (Sub Divisional Magistrate)
- After verification by the above-mentioned departments, they will be eligible to get the Apostille stamp from the MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) India.
For Commercial Documents
Commercial documents go through the following process of verification to get an apostille stamp:
- The commercial documents obtain verification from the Chamber of Commerce. The local notary does not play any role in many commerce cases.
- After the verification by the Chamber of Commerce, the documents will be eligible to get the apostille stamp from the MEA (Ministry of External Affairs)
Each process should be followed in a systematic manner and verification of any department should not be neglected as it can hamper the process. One can face a lot of distress if the documents are not verified accurately.
What Does An Apostille Sticker Look Like?
- An apostille sticker is provided at the back of the document. The document must be original or else it's not provided.
- The Apostille sticker is computer generated and is square, approx. 9 cm long.
- The Apostille sticker contains a distinctive identification digit.
- With the help of this digit, the countries that are part of the Hague convention can check the authentication of the information provided in the documents.
- The sticker is registered, numbered, impressed, and dated with the government's official seal on it.
- There is no need to attest the certificate or document from the embassy once it is apostille.
- This sticker is provided by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), a central government department that deals with affairs related to a foreign land.
What are the Documents Required For Apostille Attestation?
Various types of documents are required for the apostille of the documents. Some of the apostille documents are:
Documents or certificates related to Education like:
- For graduation, certificate of 10th & 12th
- For post-graduation, certificate of graduation
They are attested for relocation for education or job opportunities and are verified by the HRD (Human Resource Development) Department.
Documents or certificates that contain Personal/Non-Educational information like:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
They are attested majorly to get a residence visa, family visa, or a dependent visa in the outside countries. These certificates are verified by the Home Department of the state.
Other supporting documents: There are supporting documents that are to be submitted along with the original certificates.
- Copy of your Passport
- Passport-size Photographs
- Application receipt of the Passport
- Photocopy of your Aadhar Card
- Photocopy of your Visa
What If Your Documents Are Laminated?
In case the documents are laminated then do not try to remove the lamination on your own as it can damage the original document and hinder the process. Our professionals will help you remove the lamination in a very safe manner and not create any damage to the document.
Time Taken To Complete the Procedure
The time by the procedure mainly depends on the origin of the document and the further verification it needs. As different departments work in different time frames, the process usually gets lagged. There is no specific period for this process. But in general, it can take anywhere from a week to months for the procedure to be done.
If you are an individual and want to get your documents verified by yourself, then it might take a relatively larger amount of time. By hiring ND Universal, you need not worry about the time taken for processing the documents. We do not hold any documents purposely and the entire Apostille procedure will be completed within 5-7 working days.
What Is the Cost of Apostille?
The cost will depend on the origin of the document as well as the number of department verifications it needs. The cost also varies depending on the number of documents that have to be apostilled. Different documents need verification from several departments and thus, the process can cost a lot if we include the prices you will have to pay while travelling from one department to another.
By hiring ND Universal you will not have to worry about the cost as we work transparently and will not charge you more than needed. We assure you that documents will be safe with us and the service cost is affordable. For further details, you can call our executive or mail us.
How to Start the Process?
For hiring us as your service provider, you can call our executive. Our executive will personally attend to you and will clear all the formalities. After completing the formalities, we will start the process by collecting your document from your home. Once the documents are collected, we will send you the receipt for the same.
Do not worry about the charges for pick-up and drop-off of documents as we provide this service for free. Once we receive the documents, the process of apostille will start. You will be able to track your documents online and we will also keep you updated on their status. After the apostille is done, the drop off service will be provided by the Blue Dart dispatch and you will receive the tracking details of your document.
Why Choose ND Universal?
We understand the pressure and trouble the Apostille process can give you. The process is simplified for your understanding and you can call us at any time for any concerns you might have. Each step of verification is done in a streamlined manner and the processes followed will be the same as that of the government. We work transparently and you need not fear anything including the safety of your documents.
- Free pick up and drop off services
- We provide our clients free Pick-up and drop-off services for their documents.
- Value of Brand
- We have 8+ years of experience and have been providing top-notch apostille services. We are one of the most recommended and authorised service providers in the country.
- High-end customer service
- Our motto is to provide high-quality services to clients. We promise to help get your documents with apostille stamps within 5-7 working days.
- Affordable cost
- We will not charge more than needed and the entire process will be transparent. Hence, you need not worry about paying extra money without any reason.
- Tracking system
- You can track your documents and it can be done through a barcode provided by our team.
- 24*7 customer service
- You can call us whenever you feel like it and we will solve all your queries and problems in a very calm manner.
ND Universal's Mumbai apostille services are not only reliable but also the fastest. Hiring ND Universal will not only provide you comfort but also gives you a stress-free apostille experience as your documents safely proceed through each step.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don't have the documents in India. How can Apostille be done?
In case you do not have the documents with you right now, you should call our executive and they will help you in every manner. You can courier the documents to us after talking to our executive. Once we get your document, we will start the process of apostille without any further delay.
Is there any extra cost for fast service?
No, we do not charge any extra money for the fast service we offer. Our main aim is to provide you with the documents in the fastest way possible. This is the main reason for which clients approach us. So we do not take extra money for providing you with fast apostille services.
My document is issued online. How can Apostille be done on it?
In case your documents are not printed originally, you can talk to us and after that, you can mail us your online copy. We will get the colored copy of it by ourselves. After we get the colored copy of the document, we will start the process of apostille and you will receive the document once the process is completed.
Is physical presence required?
ND Universal will pick up your documents from your doorstep and will deliver them to you once the apostille stamp has been provided. In the entire process, an individual need not be present physically. You can track the progress of your documents while sitting at home.
What should I do if my original education certificates are lost?
Submit a Lost Certificate Application to the University/College. To apply for a duplicate certificate, lodge an FIR in the police station of the area where it was lost Obtain a copy of the FIR duly signed by the Duty Officer with the IPC (Indian Penal Code)number on it. This copy can be used to apply for duplicate certificates. Do not forget to follow up with the progress daily.
Do you provide free pick-up and drop-off services?
Yes, ND Universal provides free pick-up and drop-off services throughout India. You can contact us and can take the benefits from free pickup and drop services.